Re: Where to store indexes for partitioned tables?

From: ErikYkema <erik.ykema_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: 28 Jan 2005 12:18:12 -0800

I recommend you have a look at
http://www.rittman.net/archives/000822.html and specifically at the mentioned white paper by Arup Nanda http://download.oracle.com/owsf_2003/36605_nanda.doc. It helped me a lot deciding how to implement partitioning and maintenance. Also I am writing something, call it an API, that will be driven by a little metadata. When we are loading our datawarehouse, the oracle Warehouse Builder process flow, will call the API, giving the destination tablename and the systemdate, and the API will:
- check for the presence of the correct paritiong (either list or
range)
- if absent, check for the presence of the correct tablespace