How are you handling the quarterly Maintenance/Security Patches?

From: Dave <david.best_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Jan 2005 07:11:39 -0800

Hey all,

About a week ago Oracle released their first quarterly maintenance/security patches. I'm curious as to how others out there are handling it? My manager asked me to look at the patch and determine the impact... As I looked into the metalink notes I thought to myself that since this is going to be a regular event why don't we just set a goal to have them in test/dev within 1 week and production within 2-3.

Is anyone else taking the time to determine which databases are vulnerable to which security bugs and then patching appropriately or are you just going to apply all the patches?

Thanks. Received on Fri Jan 28 2005 - 09:11:39 CST