Re: very strange

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 28 Jan 2005 05:05:36 -0800

inja wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This request :
>
> .
> update table set varchar_var='oracle=crap i''s sqlserver=bestchoice',

> other='4' where id='1'
> .
>
> does not work.
>
> Looks like a = before a '' crashes the insert/updates.
>
> Any ideas to fix my request ?
>
> Thanks a lot.

You obviously have this confused with some MySQL group to which you've been posting lately. Such updates have never failed for me in all of my years of working with Oracle.

Please re-post to the proper group (such as comp.databases.mysql.dreamland). And stop trolling for an argument here. Your feeble attempt has fallen flat on its face. David Fizjarrell Received on Fri Jan 28 2005 - 07:05:36 CST