oracle db performance issue

From: nigist <nigist_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Jan 2005 09:00:33 -0800

We are having issue with the oracle db. we have production db and is used by about 700 site and also we do a lot of reporting out of the same db, and I was wondering what will be the best way to handle this so that we will not be hitting the same db at the same time which makes the performance very slow. Is it possible to have a duplicate or copy of production db where we can use it only for reporting purpose and update the copy on a nightly bases or is there a better way of handling this situation?

Thank you for your help Received on Thu Jan 27 2005 - 11:00:33 CST