Re: Connecting problem in fresh installation on XP

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 08:58:55 -0800

Yashwant Singh Rana wrote:

> I install oracle enterprise edition on XP home edition. I connect with
> oracle. I restart the computer. After restart oracle did not connect.
>
> I crate another database it also connect and work fine but after
> restart I get same problem
>
> Yashwant sing Rana

Oracle is not certified on XP Home. So while many have gotten it to work ... many others have not. I have one student right now who gets an error not even reported on metalink. So she is currently reinstalling a real operating system.

BTW: Your version of Oracle matters. What is it? And what error message are you getting? We are unable to look over your shoulder or read your mind. In fact we can only rarely even read our own.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington