deletes and indexes

From: John Leslie <johnleslie_at_madasafish.com>
Date: 27 Jan 2005 04:39:46 -0800

Do indexes speed up deletes?

I am deleting 100000 rows from a table containing 1 million rows and it seems faster without the index. The index is created on the column used in the delete where clause.

I created the index specifically to speed up the delete, but is my thinking incorrect? Received on Thu Jan 27 2005 - 06:39:46 CST