Re: Import/Export issue on huge database

From: Dusan Bolek <spambin_at_seznam.cz>
Date: 27 Jan 2005 00:15:46 -0800

> Why not just backup the database to the new storage gear, and then
run
> the 8i => 9i upgrade afterwards? With a hot backup, this would also
> dramatically reduce downtime.
>
> Or am I missing something obvious ?

In fact he is now not asking for old -> new migration (maybe this is already solved), but for new -> old. But you're right, there is no reason for exp/imp, restoring fromm backup should be much quicker and in this case there is no need for any upgrade, because the new one will already be on 9.2.0.6.

P.S. There is a bug relating to 9.2.0.6, which after upgrade is causing a slowdown (to almost zero) of any operation with upgraded database (startup or shutdown taking hours etc.). Fortunately there is a one-off fix for this, which we will be testing this weekend.

--
Dusan Bolek
http://www.db-support.com

Email: spambin_at_seznam.cz
Pls add "Not Guilty" to the subject, otherwise your email will face an
unpleasant end as SPAM.