Re: Simple query that consumes all temporary space.

From: ydalepe <ydalepe_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:47:16 -0200

Hi Jaap, thank you for replying.

The explain plan showed a hash join going on.

While trying to make the query work, we found that if we add the condition "T1.LINE BETWEEN X AND Y", with X and Y beeing values that identify a set of around 15.000 records, and add the hint "ordered use_merge(T1 T2)", the query uses the pk index for T1, and it works, taking up some 20 minutes. We then tried filtering table T2 with a condition similar to the previous one for T1, and found that with a set of 15.000 records from the two tables, the query runs in 3 to 5 seconds.

But we still have found no way of running the query without this filters, that is, taking the whole T1 and T2; it always breaks after a few minutes. You can take out the GROUP BY clause, and you get the same results (ORA 01652), so the problem is in resolving the join...

Thanks for your help! Received on Wed Jan 26 2005 - 21:47:16 CST