Re: DB2 Crushes Oracle RAC on TPC-C benchmark

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:22:14 -0700

"DH" <DH_at_stargate.nospam.com> wrote in message news:ct92u7$ie0$1_at_tuvok3.mmm.com...
> I don't see any reason why you apologize. The previous post on this topic
> was titled "New IBM Nonsense". No mention of TPC, benchmark, performance
or
> DB2 in the title. How would anyone who didn't read that thread have any
> particular idea what it was about? I'm interested in this sort of thing
and
> your post caught my eye attention. I thank you.
>
> An earlier response in this thread held that the subject had been "flogged
> to near death" in the earlier thread. There it had 11 replies. In this
> newsgroup, that hardly seems like "flogged to near death."

You are welcome.

I was a little surprised at the reaction since Oracle is longtime and enthusiastic supporter of the TPC (http://www.tpc.org). I know that a person whose title is "Principal Software Developer, Oracle Corp." is the lead person on a TPC technical committee. I had contact with this person when I was to trying to conduct an unofficial TPC-H benchmark and the TPC supplied dbgen program (generates test data for the benchmark) would not compile on Linux.

I am also confused as to why Daniel Morgan is allowed to post this information (skewed with his editorial comments), but when someone else posts the same information it is somehow not "courteous." Received on Wed Jan 26 2005 - 16:22:14 CST