Change Column from CHAR to VARCHAR2: ORA-02267

From: Don Seiler <don.seiler_at_nsighttel.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:11:54 GMT

I want to change a CHAR(15) field in two tables to VARCHAR2(32). However whenever I do I get this error:

ORA-02267: column type incompatible with referenced column type

I must note that this field is the sole PK field in the first table, and part of the PK in the other table. It is also the FK from the second table to the first. I did disable the PK and FK constraints first but it made no difference. Received on Wed Jan 26 2005 - 12:11:54 CST