From: Ben Rum <bundyrum75_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:11:18 -0000

Newby alert - coming from MS SQL background (hisss..)

Are there any issues loading data from an 8i database directly to a 10g database? I'm guessing this is done via SQL Loader?

Also, the Oracle 8i instance is Enterprise Edition - I am told that the 10g instance MUST be Enterprise Edition for this to be done? Would Personal/Standard Edition not suffice?

I'm not able to find any docs on www.oracle.com covering this, any pointers would be appreciated.

Many thanks, Received on Wed Jan 26 2005 - 05:11:18 CST