Handling of indexes

From: Dale DeRemer <dderemer_nospam_at_agmc.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:26:05 -0500

I know that Oracle indexes are a literal subset of the original table data. What I don't know is how Oracle keeps track of the indexes, and assures updates are propogated to the indexes. Are there pointers? If so, where are they, in the system tablespace, or buried in the tables themselves? This isn't critical, just something I was kicking around. Thanks. Received on Tue Jan 25 2005 - 10:26:05 CST