Re: Oracle Apps Instances Per server

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Jan 2005 15:53:58 -0800

sf wrote:
> In a test environment, how many instances should be run on a windows
2000
> server? I say 1..any comments..thought..or suggestions? Anyone run 2
> instances on a server?
>
> Thanks

The key phrase here is "In a Test Environment"... which means you don't run the risk of performance impacts and other issues as in Production. I run 3 databases (Mostly one at a time) on my XP laptop. We have some *nix and 2K servers running upto 15 to 20 instances each. But they are just test/dev instances with small footprint. Sometimes you have to run multiple instances on a single box (while in test/development)... because it is more cost effective and does not clutter up your server room.

Production however, is a different ballgame.

Regards
/Rauf Received on Tue Jan 25 2005 - 17:53:58 CST