app server

From: Dave <x_at_x.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:26:53 GMT

bit inexperienced with the 10g (9.0.4) app server.

2 questions.

1.. Clustering, I am going to cluster my app servers for high availability. I know I can deploy my app once within one app server and it will be deployed across all others. Now my app will be in a specific oc4j instance, do I need to create the instance in all app servers myself or when an app server joins the cluster will it be created because the baseline configuration has it in?.

Can't find in the docs a specific answer about an oc4j instance

2. I know its possible to precompile jsp pages before they are used in the app server, however I cannot find the setting where I can do this (or if it is advisable)

(http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:23862629497693) is where I found out you can

Cheers

Dave Received on Tue Jan 25 2005 - 12:26:53 CST