Re: Oracle 9i on Solaris 8 w/ VxVM - UFS logging?

From: Valeriy Kravchuk <openxs_at_ipnet.kiev.ua>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:41:36 +0200

> we are using Oracle 9i on a Solaris 8 system. All disks are UFS and
> managed by VxVM. So far, the disks do not use UFS's logging feature.
> Are there any objections to turning it on? I already did some research,
> but could not find a definite answer to this.

In any case, you should better place your online redo log files, temporary and data files on raw devices whenever possible. Look at the Steve Adams site, http://ixora.com.au for the reasons (e.g. http://ixora.com.au/tips/use_raw_log_files.htm).

For all other Oracle files, like Oracle binaries themself or control files, UFS logging will give nothing bad, I think.

V.K. Received on Tue Jan 25 2005 - 07:41:36 CST