Re: analyze index

From: Oradba Linux <techiey2k3_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:07:45 -0500

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1106617227.881341_at_yasure...
> Oradba Linux wrote:
>
> > Why would analyze index command read table segments?
>
> Why would you think it does?
>
> One simple answer would be because it is reading ind$
> or obj$ but your question contains no context.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace 'x' with 'u' to respond)

Hello Daniel

BTW I am on oracle 9204. I will say that before you ask me for it. I am not using dbms_stats to gather index stats for many reasons (bugs). When i running analyze, the session was waiting for sequential read event. I looked at which segment it is trying to read
and it pointed to a table segment of the table for which i am analyzing index for. Received on Mon Jan 24 2005 - 20:07:45 CST