Re: disk space issue

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:02:03 -0800

Jay wrote:

> Hi, All
>
> I'm using Oracle 8i.
> After some loading (dropping tables, creating new tables, populating tables
> with SQLloader), it's filled up by log file and temptable space. It might
> be sound stupid but I have to restart Oracle server then it will clear some
> space.
>
> Is there any other way to clear the space? I do not really care restoring
> DB (going back to pre-loading status).
> Thanks a lot!
>
> -Jay

In Oracle it is absolutely impossible to fill up a log file and the chances that your temp tablespace has a problem near zero. Unless you have a specific ORA- message to report you are looking at file sizes when you would be better investing your time taking a class on Oracle Concepts and Architecture or reading the appropriate docs at http://tahiti.oracle.com.

HTH

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington