Re: Index compression vs. table compression

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:56:49 +1100

DA Morgan wrote:
> Howard J. Rogers wrote:
>

>> Richard Foote wrote:
>>
>>> There is no hidden agenda, there is no mysterious plot, there is no
>>> personal vendetta, there is no secret monies being exchanged for
>>> unscrupulous deeds, there is no mission to select the 10 most
>>> beautiful male and female DBAs in the world in order to transport
>>> them to a hidden base in outer space so that a deadly chemical agent
>>> can kill off the rest of mankind so that the select 10 (via a FTS of
>>> course) can come back and DBAs rule the world ...
>>

>> You reported me to Oracle management once for having passed on
>> commercially sensitive information to Steve Adams. Without one shred
>> of actual evidence, of course. And without it being even remotely true.
>>
>> HJR

> Enough is enough. This discussion belongs off-line and I would hope all
> would see the wisdom in taking it there.
>
> Thank you.

Daniel: You are the worst trouble-maker here as far as non-technical contributions are concerned. So when I want your advice about what is suitable material for this newsgroup, I'll ask for it.

There is no discussion in any event. I was told what I was told, and I have had a dim view of Richard ever since. He and I have nevertheless managed to do quite good work on squashing index clustering factor myths amongst others, but if he chooses to blow that collaboration to smithereens because he seeks to pursue some ancient agenda, that is his affair. But it is no concern of yours, so butt out.

HJR Received on Sun Jan 23 2005 - 17:56:49 CST