Re: New IBM Nonsense

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 15:20:15 -0800

Serge Rielau wrote:

> The goal of the tests is not to minimize spindles.
> If Oracle publishes numbers that held back IO, too bad.
>
> Cheers
> Serge

Even my mother knows that the goal of a test is not to minimize spindles and she's 82 years old.

Then of course she also knows that when one has integrity one compares things that are standing on an equal foundation.

Anytime you think the two are equal ... feel free to put Oracle on the better hardware, DB2 on the boat anchor and lets see how widely IBM marketing trumpets the results.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington