Re: Index compression vs. table compression

From: Tony Andrews <andrewst_at_onetel.com>
Date: 23 Jan 2005 14:55:11 -0800

Howard J. Rogers wrote:
> Tony Andrews wrote:
> > YOU said "lookup tables".
> In a part of the thread that Tom did *not* quote, and to a completely

> different person from the part of the thread which he *did* quote!!

Sure, but that was the comment that started this whole thing off. You said that a lookup table was likely to be read via a FTS. Which is incorrect, as I think you agree, and so probably wasn't what you intended to say. Fair enough. Perhaps if somewhere you had said "sorry, I didn't mean to say lookup table - my mistake!" this whole debate wouldn't have lasted so long ;) Received on Sun Jan 23 2005 - 16:55:11 CST