Re: Index compression vs. table compression

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.nospam.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:31:00 GMT

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:ct0s43$fhh$2_at_news-02.connect.com.au...
> Richard Foote wrote:
>
>> There is no hidden agenda, there is no mysterious plot, there is no
>> personal vendetta, there is no secret monies being exchanged for
>> unscrupulous deeds, there is no mission to select the 10 most beautiful
>> male and female DBAs in the world in order to transport them to a hidden
>> base in outer space so that a deadly chemical agent can kill off the rest
>> of mankind so that the select 10 (via a FTS of course) can come back and
>> DBAs rule the world ...
>
> You reported me to Oracle management once for having passed on
> commercially sensitive information to Steve Adams. Without one shred of
> actual evidence, of course. And without it being even remotely true.

Hi Howard,

Oh dear, it's now bordering on the paranoid delusional !!

Of course I didn't report you for any such thing which you can confirm with the HR department or with my supervisor at the time.

That said, we both know who did report you, who can also confirm that I didn't.

Now, back to the *subject* on hand, what's all this about small lookup tables being read by FTSs...

Cheers

Richard Received on Sun Jan 23 2005 - 13:31:00 CST