Re: Index compression vs. table compression

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 05:58:09 +1100

Richard Foote wrote:

> There is no hidden agenda, there is no mysterious plot, there is no personal
> vendetta, there is no secret monies being exchanged for unscrupulous deeds,
> there is no mission to select the 10 most beautiful male and female DBAs in
> the world in order to transport them to a hidden base in outer space so that
> a deadly chemical agent can kill off the rest of mankind so that the select
> 10 (via a FTS of course) can come back and DBAs rule the world ...

You reported me to Oracle management once for having passed on commercially sensitive information to Steve Adams. Without one shred of actual evidence, of course. And without it being even remotely true.

So do forgive me if I am rather concerned about your current behaviour and its possible motivations. It has, as far as it has concerned me, been bordering on the unethical at times in the past.

> What there is is little old me trying to explain why you are misleading and
> wrong in what you have said at various times in this thread and *why* you
> are wrong. You disagree, fine, I'll get over it. Now you might regard it as
> being nit-picky (although I always thought people who expect precision as
> you often do would regard being nit-picky a virtue), non technical and
> something that can be dismissed with a whatever, but perhaps others may
> appreciate some constructive clarification.

Try and grasp the basic distinction between precision and pedantry. You are on the pedant side of that divide, in this particular thread at least.

HJR Received on Sun Jan 23 2005 - 12:58:09 CST