Re: New IBM Nonsense

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 17:52:48 -0000

"Serge Rielau" <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com> wrote in message news:35hqkeF4lqkmqU1_at_individual.net...
> To give the benchmark credit though: One can learn a lot from it as long
> as one keeps in mind that it's a benchmark.

I believe that I am correct in saying that the initial impetus for both the wait interface in Oracle7 and the dtrace facility in Solaris10 was unexpectedly low performance with no real diagnostics metrics available. I hope the same problems will be encountered by Microsoft for SQL2005 and some one with sufficient clout will be able to get instrumentation into linux.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA