Accessing Oracle Enterprise Manager Databse Control on Windows XP

From: Jean-Benoit MORLA <jbmorla_at_tiscali.fr>
Date: 21 Jan 2005 08:56:14 -0800

Hi,
I read in the pdf for 2 days DBa that if I want to access the OEM console, I have to specify this url:
http://hostname:portnumber/em
I type SET in the dos CMD windows and I got:
.
.

COMPUTERNAME:MGT-OSHNCV43A6M
I have just installed ORACLE 10.0.1g
Also I looked up in the windows directory for a lmhosts file but found just a .sam.
So I'm a bit stuck because according to the alert.log Windows does not shut down the sample database properly since I have a lot of crash recovery messages.
At installation time I got the OEM console for a while so maybe the parameters are written in a log somewhere?? Anyone got an idea? Received on Fri Jan 21 2005 - 10:56:14 CST