Re: Sun ZFS vs. Oracle ASM

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 20:37:52 +0800

Casper H.S. Dik wrote:

> Darren Dunham <ddunham_at_redwood.taos.com> writes:
>
> >Hmm, will there be a mount option to preferentially write in the
> >"non-native" style? I could see a use for that...
>
> No, it just employs "reader makes right".
>
> Casper

ah, delayed block cleanout for unix

:-)

--
Connor McDonald
Co-author: "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions"

web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
web: http://www.oaktable.net
email: connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

"GIVE a man a fish and he will eat for a day. But TEACH him how to fish,
and...he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"