Re: Sun ZFS vs. Oracle ASM

From: Darren Dunham <ddunham_at_redwood.taos.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:47:55 GMT

In comp.unix.solaris Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com> wrote:
> The lack of endianess, for
> example, implies layering of code, which implies slowing things down
> just for abstraction's sake (recall the original linux v. microcode
> debate).

I didn't realize that it "lacked" endianness.

At a talk, I was told that ZFS can read either style for portability, but will prefer to write in the "native" style of an architecture for speed.

Hmm, will there be a mount option to preferentially write in the "non-native" style? I could see a use for that...

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham_at_taos.com