Re: Newbie needs help. Studying for OCA.

From: Frank <no_at_spam.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 00:15:01 +0100

Alex Reid wrote:
[...]
> Notice that the value for the EM agent port is null.
>
> Attempting to open the Ultra Search or iSQLplus yields the same error. I
> believe that we are probably on the right track with the assumption
> that the missing http service is the issue. Hopefully, someone will be
> able to guide me on getting that installed soon.

[cut]

Hello Alex,

All my experiences with 10g are based on Unix (Solaris), but I don't think there will be that much difference with the software that is being installed with Windows versions of Oracle. The Apache (Oracle) http server is not in the server software anymore. The download that will let you install Oracle 10g is now reduced to only one zipfile (or one cd-rom). The Apache webserver is on the additional software download, BUT you don't need that for the dbconsole port (tcp:5500) for connecting to the Enterprise Manager. The EM process is NOT a http process, so installing Apache won't help you I'm afraid.

Can you find a file in your ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin like emctl? You might need to configure the console software using another tool, if I am not mistaken emca.

As said, I only have experience with this on Unix, but still hope this helps.

G'luck. Received on Thu Jan 20 2005 - 17:15:01 CST