Oracle career query

From: <dale_smith_at_comcast.net>
Date: 20 Jan 2005 14:25:41 -0800

I am a systems engineer casting about for a slight shift in career. I have been involved in Voice over IP for since 1999 and I am thinking of a career as an Oracle DBA or other oracle role. IS it a worthwhile move? I average ~$80k in my field now. Would I do as well as an Oracle DBA or in some other Oracle role? Currently almost all VoIP jobs I am involved in requires a great deal of travel. For a while it was 100%. Do oracle professionals generally travel as much or are they more stationary?

Any guidance would be appreciate.

Regards,
Dale Received on Thu Jan 20 2005 - 16:25:41 CST