Re: Can a partial truncate be done?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:28:24 +0800

Holger Baer wrote:

> deanbrown3d_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> > Holger,
> >
> > Thank you very much! That was great (and fast!)
> >
> > Can I ask one more thing, this seems to be what I was after, from what
> > I have been hearing from some other people. Do you know if this is an
> > additional Oracle license fee, to enable such partitioning?
> >
> > Dean
> >

> I've never understood Oracles licensing scheme (our customers work that
> out with oracle directly), but to my best knowledge partitioning is part
> of the Enterprise Edition. It might be an option with additional fees, though.
>
> HTH
>
> Holger

partitioning is a separately licensed option (even for EE).

Its the single biggest flaw in Oracle's licensing imho

--
Connor McDonald
Co-author: "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions"

web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
web: http://www.oaktable.net
email: connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

"GIVE a man a fish and he will eat for a day. But TEACH him how to fish,
and...he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"