Re: Supress a message in forms

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:20:03 -0800

Archana reddy via OracleMonster.com wrote:

> I checked
> :system.message_level also
> can you please send me someother solution for that problem

Before this goes any further I'd like to ask the question that popped into my head when I saw your original post.

Why do you want to suppress the message?

It is indicative of something that should be dealt with by fixing the problem not hiding the message.

DECLARE
  i PLS_INTEGER := 0;
BEGIN
   i := 1/i;
EXCEPTIONS
   WHEN OTHERS THEN
     NULL;
END;
/

Works really well too but would you really want it in your code?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington