Re: jdbc performance in Solaris

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Jan 2005 08:43:34 -0800

Thanks for the update. Re-reading your original message, I think you're testing two databases, one running on Windows, the other on Solaris. You're not using one single database with two mid-tier Java applications each running on a different OS. Right? If so, you're correct in saying that it's not the problem in Java. Then I guess there's no magic and there's no comparison here. You just need to speed up the disks your redo logfiles are on in the Solaris database, or preferably use raw partitions. What does select * from v$system_event where event = 'log file sync' show in each database?

If you *are* using one database and testing with two mid-tiers, then we need to continue to search for an answer.

Yong Huang
yong321AYyahoo.com Received on Wed Jan 19 2005 - 10:43:34 CST