New to Oracle question (Exp/imp)

From: James Tilby <tilbyj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Jan 2005 02:03:44 -0800

Hi all,

I wondered if someone knew the answer to this question about the Oracle imp/exp tools.

If I have a Windows based Oracle server, can I export a database using exp from that server, and then re-import it onto Unix based Oracle Server? In both cases, I would be working with Windows based oracle client software. The servers would also be the same major release (9.2.x).

Thanks,

James Received on Wed Jan 19 2005 - 04:03:44 CST