Re: Need SQL Server Temp Table equivalent (challenge!)

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:23:11 +0100

On 18 Jan 2005 14:03:16 -0800, "wile" <wilekayote_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>Wrt to the following comment:
>"as Oracle's lack of capability. One can easily create temporary tables
>with dynamically created columns in Oracle. One can also be frequently
>be reminded that it is bad design that only exists in SQL Server
>because of the weaknesses of the underlying architecture and that
>Microsoft is working like crazy to overcome it in future versions"
>
>As a SQL Server and Oracle programmer I think the point is that SQL
>Server is just so much simpler/intuative. Yes Oracle may have some
>super powerful features but they are just so bloody hard to find. It
>may excite some people to read though manuals on their weekends but for
>those of us who dont live to code Oracle just seems to make things hard
>that don't need to be.

They are not hard to find who is prepared to spend effort in learning them.
And I have never had problems reading manuals during office hours My experience is that people, having been exposed to sqlserver, cease to think, and basically can only click a mouse, like a zombie.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA