Re: Agent failed to start on 9206

From: Jesse <davisjj_public_at_comcast.net>
Date: 18 Jan 2005 12:16:54 -0800

First, knowing Sybrand's style, I don't think he's really attacking you. I have no idea if you have the habit of asking things without researching them (and no, I haven't searched for your old posts). If you do, then it seems fair that the group regulars would call you on it. They contribute a lot of knowledge and time to this group (and no one's perfect; if wrong answers are ever posted, that's life), so they don't want to have to spend time reanswering something for which there is adequate documentation. If that's not your habit, well ok then, but even at that I think your response went from a like-for-like response to harassment in just a few sentences.

Now, on this particular subject, I am curious about how you resolved your issue, as the IA seems to be the source of a lot of headaches. I know that we spent quite a bit of time on resolving service startup failures (we're 9.2.0.4 RAC on Win2k3). Even after reviewing the docs, metalink articles, and google, we still had random startup failures (often even clean starting the agent, per the docs, would fail). In the end we figured out that the HP Insight Agents were interfering with the IA (the HP agents use SNMP as well; once they were disabled and I switched to a manual service startup of IA launched via scripting, the IA started w/o any problems).

I was told a few days ago that the 9.2.0.6 patch was supposed to fix some agent problems (as well as many other issues, as expected). It seems that it may have caused some problems for you??? Received on Tue Jan 18 2005 - 14:16:54 CST