Re: Oracle DB cannot restart due to missing REDO-file

From: Antoine BRUNEL <antoinebrunel_at_nospam_yahoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:45:19 +0100

Hi from Paris

if you did not destroyed the db too much (by editing logs files for example), you can still open it in order to full export it:

- put the _allow_resetlogs... parms
- mount the instance, and begin a recover session with "... until cancel"
- when you have reached the point of no return (last archived applyed, or in
your case, at the first required), you issue the cancel
- you should normally be able to do an "alter database open resetlogs"
- online redo logs will be recreated, and database be opened
- ... this db is now corrupted (as indicated in the alert.log): pray, and
export it as soon as possible...