Re: Autoextend

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 02:48:05 -0500

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 12:59:43 -0800, DA Morgan wrote:

> I vote to let the thing break and let management dump the offender on
> the other side of the door. There should be consequences for not paying
> attention to tablespaces and alert logs.

I couldn't agree more. Database administrator is, primarily, an administrator, and should do administrative work. Projecting the grows, regularly reading and reviewing logs and audit tables for suspicious activity and reviewind daily statspack reports every morning. DBA is not a rocket scentist, it is someone who does the administrative work necessary for the database to be available, performing well and secure.

--
Bug, noun: Son of a glitch