Re: Backup of live database

From: zn <zn_at_zn122.edu.invalid>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 21:51:08 -0600

Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net> wrote in news:zWEGd.11144$wZ2.8238 @newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:

> zn wrote:

>> I'm a beginner with Oracle 7.

> Please post platform (operating system) version, database version.
> "Oracle 7" doesn't sound right.

We're running it on NT but I'm not at work to check the exact version number.

>> Do these steps sound accurate as a way to backup a live database?

> What result did you obtain when you tried them?

I haven't tried it yet because I was just reviewing the book yesterday. We already have a running overnight backup but I wanted to run a one-time backup to disk. I was concerned about trying it, thinking that I had a successful backup, and then finding out later that I had missed something important. Received on Sun Jan 16 2005 - 21:51:08 CST