Re: Oracle DB cannot restart due to missing REDO-file

From: T. Lehrmann <>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 00:46:34 +0100

Thanks for the hint, Sybrand, I already read sth. about the alter database statement, but I supposed that for using it the database had too be at least online, and mine isn't, anyway I'll try this out.. and of course.. a backup would have done it.. but laziness is, besides the engine of progess for man, also a main reason for unreasonable risky behaviour and unpleasant results.. like in my case...

Anyway, thanks and regards..