Backup of live database

From: zn <zn_at_zn122.edu.invalid>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 10:00:53 -0600

I'm a beginner with Oracle 7. I need to run a backup of a database that is live 24/7. From some reading, it sounds like I need to do the following to backup the database:

  1. ensure that archivelog mode is on Can be confirmed from Server Manager by typing archive log list
  2. Prepare the script through the backup wizard in Oracle Enterprise Manager Backup.
  3. Run that script through the Oracle Enterprise Manager console. What is the process for selecting the job from the Jobs pane in the lower left section? Will the script be listed in the "job library" or is there an option in the "job" menu? (I'm trying to piece these steps together from a book and I'm not in front of the server right now)

Do these steps sound accurate as a way to backup a live database?

Thanks. Received on Sun Jan 16 2005 - 10:00:53 CST