Re: Agent failed to start on 9206

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 16 Jan 2005 06:02:42 -0800

Comments embedded.

ibm_97_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> This is my list:
>
> [oracle_at_app agent]$ ls -l $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/snmp_ro.ora
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 oracle dba 929 Jan 15 16:25
> /data1/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/network/admin/snmp_ro.ora
> [oracle_at_app agent]$ ls -l $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/snmp_rw.ora
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 oracle dba 96 Jan 15 16:16
> /data1/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/network/admin/snmp_rw.ora
> [oracle_at_app agent]$ ls -l $ORACLE_HOME/network/agent/services.ora
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 oracle dba 678 Jan 15 16:25
> /data1/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/network/agent/services.ora
> [oracle_at_app agent]$ ls -l $ORACLE_HOME/network/agent/*.q
> -rw-rw---- 1 oracle dba 1024 Jan 15 16:16
> /data1/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/network/agent/blackout.q
> -rw-rw---- 1 oracle dba 4096 Jan 15 16:16
> /data1/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/network/agent/user.q
> [oracle_at_app agent]$ ls -l $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/listener.ora
> -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 608 Jan 8 21:58
> /data1/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/network/admin/listener.ora
> [oracle_at_app agent]$ ls -l $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora
> -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 1957 Jan 15 16:11
> /data1/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/network/admin/tnsnames.ora
> [oracle_at_app agent]$ ls -l /etc/oratab
> -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle root 801 Jan 8 19:47 /etc/oratab
>

> Well, you look like a pure idiot to try to pretend to know
everything.

Let's assess the accuracy of that stateement, shall we? Sybrand told you exactly which files were written/created/read by the Agent. He also correctly commented on your penchant for asking questions without researching them beforehand, a statement verified by a search on the c.d.o.server archives. He is also very knowledgeable with Oracle, something you can ALSO verify with a search through the c.d.o.server archives. It would appear you make personal attacks in the same manner in which you research and post your questions.

> I feel very sorry about your poor knowledge. If my question is really
> that simple, certainly I don't want to 'bother' a jerk like you.

The 'jerk' in this exchange is not Sybrand Bakker, and, since there is but one person calling names and using verbiage better suited to a rap album or a pre-pubescent male with esteem issues, it would appear to be the source of said profanities. This would be you, as you've provided execellent reasons, sufficient to satisfactorily complete any logical proof. And you've done nothing to prove otherwise. And that is not an accusation, it's an observation based on the information presented in your posts.

> Change your tone, asshole, or get out of here. At least you should be
> 'brave' enough to leave your true email address. Oh, you might be a
> terriost. Am I right?

There was no 'tone' in Sybrand's response. There IS 'tone' in yours, and it's deplorable, making an excellent impression on the rest of the members.

> Bad for your emplyer, if you have one. 'cause they hire a real idiot
> who claims to be senior DBA. Jeez, what a joke!

You, I think, should be the one questioning the existence of an employer, especially with the 'shoot from the hip' questions you ask, questions most often answered by perusing tahiti.oracle.com.

> Sometimes it's really unfair for God, 'casue people like you
shouldn't
> be allowed to be alive. Get it? Asshole.

Who are you to decide for the Almighty who should live and who should die? Who issued such responsibility to you, and when did this mishap occur? You have no place making such comments, and show a blatant disregard for human life in doing so. If anyone needs to adjust attitudes it's you, not Sybrand Bakker.

You owe this group an apology for this sickening display of wonton disregard for human life and for your meager vocabulary populated with ulgarities. Such displays only show weakness of mind. David Fitzjarrell Received on Sun Jan 16 2005 - 08:02:42 CST