Netbackup RMAN quetsion

From: <premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Jan 2005 00:28:28 -0800

I am using Netbackup 4.5 to do RMAN backup for Oracle9i on HP UNIX. I am on a machine called pqmsp01 but our system administrators have set CLIENT_NAME in bp.conf as pqmsp01bkp which is another machine.

What exactly CLINE_NAME does, why should CLINET_NAME be different from name of the machine where Oracle database is installed,

I do not see any errors in backup. Also, U did not see any errors in restore tests we did a while ago, but I am puzzled why System Administrators have set different names for CLIENT.

I am having some troubles with alternate restore (which is restoring database to another machine) but reason for failure could be something else, Received on Sun Jan 16 2005 - 02:28:28 CST