Re: Is Oracle SQL99 Compliant?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 19:17:07 +0100

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 09:51:56 -0800, Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com> wrote:

>HO Oracle is playing the precedence game. Shoot first ask questions
>later. Customers suffer in this play because they either have to use a
>suboptimal solutions to a problem or they get locked in because a
>solution becomes non-portable.

Mr. Rielau, when do you stop promoting DB2 by shooting out of the hip at Oracle? Your comments are definitely not unbiased, and you are only interested in promoting the SQL-99 standard, because you think DB2 adheres to it better then Oracle.
Why don't you just say that? Why don't you just say you only respond to this topic to *promote* DB2.

Personally I think DB2 is yet a few light years behind Oracle, and I am beginning to regret my employer is trying to turn me into a DB2 administrator.

Please stop the hypocrisy, and stop your biased comments. You have a *commercial* interest, and your comments ought to go to .marketplace, where they, being spam, belong.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA