Re: Error during full import - maximum enabled rles exceeded

From: Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 07:14:27 +0100

On 14 Jan 2005 19:27:46 -0800, premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com wrote:

>hpuxrac wrote:
>> snip
>>
>> > Why does Oracle generate such confusing error messages when nothing
>> is
>> > wrong databas, go figure?
>>
>> Just the way it is sometimes.
>>
>> You can fix your import problem by setting max_enabled_roles higher
>> then importing again.
>
>So, to clarify, even though import gave that error, there is nothing
>wrong with my database or will I run into some problems when
>I create new roles.

You will run into problems when you create new roles. You can create new roles and assign them to end-users. As long as those end-users don't connect, no problem. As soon as those end-users do connect, max_enabled_roles exceeded. Actually the parameter has a fixed, documented, maximum.

>My question is, when I created database I never had this error message,
>why does the error message show up in import, is it recreating some
>roles which alreday exist, that is why it is failing.
>
>Please clarify.

No, 'when I created database', you created the database with the standard roles. The default value of the parameter is satisfactory for the standard number of roles. Do we really need to clarify everything?

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA