Re: What's wrong with this SQL?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:02:08 -0800

ohaya wrote:

>>Get rid of the create index statement. Could it be that you're using
>>a different version than the vendor intended? Check with your vendor
>>if they tested their script with the version you're using.
>>
>>HTH
>>Holger

> Holger,
>
> I spent most of this evening talking to them about this, and like I
> said, they claim I'm the only one who's seeing this problem :(. And
> yes, I'm working with what they call one of their "certified"
> configurations in their product matrix, Oracle 9i on Solaris 9.

They are full of it. Prove it to yourself.

Create a new schema.
Manually cut ans paste their create table into SQL*Plus Query user_indexes and you will see the index already exists

Then I would advise two things.
1. Get your money back
2. Find another vendor

This is just the beginning of the headache.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington