Re: Error during full import - maximum enabled rles exceeded

From: Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 00:50:03 +0100

On 14 Jan 2005 13:12:52 -0800, premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com wrote:

>I am using 9.2.0.5 on HP UNIX 11i. I am doing full import
>from same version database (and UNIX).
>
>I did full import. I got following error message:
>
>. importing SYS's objects into SYS
>IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1925 encountered
>ORA-01925: maximum of 30 enabled roles exceeded
>IMP-00091: Above error occurred on the following function and object: .
>Remaining PL/SQL blocks for
>this object will be skipped.
>
>I do not see any error when I shutdown the database and restart it.
>Can this error be ignored. I have seen article to change some init.ora
>parameter, but is that necessary since I am not getting any errors
>after pening the database.
>

>Thanks,
>
>Prem Mehrotra

fact:
SYS owns all roles
fact:
all roles are automatically granted to SYS fact:
most roles will be automatically enabled fact:
SYS will automatically enable all roles
fact: your total number of roles exceeds max_enabled_roles

fact: your remark about not having problems after opening the database is redundant. As soon as an user connects all his roles will automatically enabled

fact: you usually ask elementary questions, showing you didn't read the manual prior to posting. You seem to think you can contradict the documentation. You would do better do some more reading and address errors as they occur. You will learn Oracle by doing so.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA