Re: statspack problem

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:11:43 -0600

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:23:18 -0500, "hastenthunder" <hastenthunder_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm encountering difficulites on getting statspack to generate reports on
>Oracle 10g + RedHat Enterprise 3.
>
>After taking 2 snapshots, I tried to generate report by calling
>$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/spreport, and entered the appropriate snapshot ids
>upon the prompt.
>
>The reports runs for couple seconds, then encounters a divide-by-zero error,
>and terminates:
>

> Statistic Total per Hour
>log switches (derived) 0 .00
> , 'D' , size_for_estimate*1024/:def_cache
> *
>ERROR at line 10:
>ORA-01476: divisor is equal to zero
>

>Can someone help me out here?
>
>Thanks.

Was the database bounced between those two snapshots? Thanks.

Cohn's Law: The more time you spend in reporting on what you are doing, the less time you have to do anything. Stability is achieved when you spend all your time doing nothing but reporting on the nothing you are doing. Received on Fri Jan 14 2005 - 12:11:43 CST