JDBC THIN driver10g query issue

From: Christophe Bonte <chrbonte_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:50:56 +0100

Hello all

I've ran into something I really don't understand and I can't find much information about it. We have a web application that uses an Oracle database. First of all, when I use the OCI driver to connect everything works perfectly.

However, I've got one issue with the 10g JDBC THIN driver. This doesn't occur on my 8i and 9i installations with the THIN driver. The problem is, at some point, in our application, I get 'numeric overflow' error messages.

java.sql.SQLException Numeric Overflow

We use JRE 1.4.1. This error occurs with a rather big select statement. In the select I try to fetch mutiple columns + 2 CLOB columns. Doesn anybody know what could be the cause? Anybody with similar experiences?

Thanks in advance

Christophe Received on Fri Jan 14 2005 - 08:50:56 CST