Label Security and execution plans...

From: Kamal <kamal80_at_virgilio.it>
Date: 14 Jan 2005 06:38:39 -0800

Hi everybody.

In my db, 9iR2, there are some tables with label security enforced. The label field is called "label" (very original). For example I have a user ("john") who has a default label = 5000. I presume that if he makes a query like "select * from t where id = 1" the system would add only "and label = 5000". But there must be something I miss because if I query the db using the label security administrator (lbacsys) with "select * from t where id = 1 and label = 5000" the execution plan that I obtain from explain plan is very different from the one obtained by john. So john and lbacsys obtain the same results from the query but john waits several minutes and lbacsys only some seconds.

Can anyone explain this?

Thank you very much.

Kamal Received on Fri Jan 14 2005 - 08:38:39 CST