Re: ORA-00445 ( background process "PMON" did not start after 120 seconds)

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:40:03 +0100

Pasi Parkkonen wrote:
> Hi,
> this hit us just recently. The Oracle won't start.
>
> I have found numerous discussions about the subject,
> all without solution. If you have had the same error and
> figured out what was wrong, please let me know.
>
> I do not believe that the version and environment matters
> because this error has been in Oracle 8i on Linux/Unix/NT
> and also 9i on Linux/Unix/NT....
>
> Just because someone will ask: it is 9i, Windows cluster
> environment. I have to check but I think it is Win2003 server.
>
> Thank you for the help!
>
> BR,
> Pasi

Well your environment matters, because it helps people to decide if they can assist or not!

Since you're on Windows cluster, the following might help you to narrow in on the cause:

you should now be connected to an idle instance.

Maybe you get a better explanation this time. Check for any pmon trace files in your background_dump_dest.

HTH
Holger Received on Fri Jan 14 2005 - 05:40:03 CST