ORA-00445 ( background process "PMON" did not start after 120 seconds)

From: Pasi Parkkonen <spammihaavi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:56:52 +0200

Hi,
this hit us just recently. The Oracle won't start.

I have found numerous discussions about the subject, all without solution. If you have had the same error and figured out what was wrong, please let me know.

I do not believe that the version and environment matters because this error has been in Oracle 8i on Linux/Unix/NT and also 9i on Linux/Unix/NT....

Just because someone will ask: it is 9i, Windows cluster environment. I have to check but I think it is Win2003 server.

Thank you for the help!

BR,
 Pasi

--
--Vehicle Status 580bhp (760hp) --

Audi A6 1.8 T Quattro -99 (Myydään: http://www.nettiauto.com/206422 ) Ford Mondeo V6 -00
Saab 900 Turbo (oma kisavehje, myynnissä) / QOO-CAT Racing Team Opel Kadett (tallin kisapeli) / QOO-CAT Racing Team Received on Fri Jan 14 2005 - 02:56:52 CST